IAR Systems has enhanced its innovative Power Debugging technology. At Embedded World in Germany, the company demonstrated new functionality in its development tool suite IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM. This functionality includes detailed in-circuit power measurements made possible by the new I-scope probe. Features include:
- C-SPY, which is included in IAR Embedded Workbench together with IAR Systems’ in-circuit debugging probe I-jet.
- The ability to gain knowledge of the power consumed by individual modules, detect if design flaws in the code are causing unnecessary power consumption, and possibly extend battery lifetime.
- The ability to measure current and voltage with 12-bit resolution at a sampling rate of up to 200 kHz.
- The ability to graph information in real time.
- Analysis that can be used to reveal the power consumption of individual functions and peripherals, which I/O activity causes current spikes, and how much power is consumed in various sleep modes.
Download free evaluation licenses from www.iar.com/ewarm.