Holt Integrated Circuits (Mission Viejo, CA) has announced compliance of its flagship 3.3V ARINC 429 line driver, HI-8597, with the lightning requirements of RTCA/DO-160G, Section 22, Level 3 Pin Injection Test Waveform Set A (3 & 4), Set B (3 & 5A), and Set Z (3 & 5B), using no additional external components. Features include:
- A standardized test methodology, which is accepted in the avionics industry as the gold standard for environmental testing of airborne equipment.
- Integrated lightning protection capability.
- Short-circuit protection.
- A single 3.3 V power supply.
- An on-chip DC-DC converter.
- 4 external capacitors.
- An internal 37.5 Ohm resistor on each output.