Honeywell (Minneapolis, MN) (NYSE:HON) has introduced its Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), 6-D Motion Variant, 6DF Series, designed to provide motion, position, and navigational sensing from a durable single device over six degrees of freedom. The six degrees of freedom is achieved by using MEMS (microelectromechanical system) technology to sense translational movement in three perpendicular axes (surge, heave, sway) and rotational movement about three perpendicular axes (roll, pitch, yaw). Features include:
- Highly accurate 6-D rotation and acceleration outputs.
- Compatibility with diesel fuel, hydraulic oil, gas/ethylene glycol, brake fluids, urea, liquid lime, NPK fertilizer, ammonia hydroxide, and alkaline degreasers.
- IP67, 69k, EMI (Electromagnetic Interference), and EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) ratings.
- A 39 CAN 29 bit identifier communication output.
- A voltage range of 7 to 32 V, which minimizes the need for a voltage converter.
For more information visit http://sensing.honeywell.com/.