Semtech Corporation (Camarillo, CA) (Nasdaq: SMTC) has launched two new devices in its high-brightness LED (HB LED) driver platform. The SC5014 and SC5014A are 4-channel and 2-channel (respectively), HB LED drivers designed to dramatically reduce display thickness in mid-size consumer and industrial displays by enabling the use of tiny inductors, while offering competitive efficiency. Features include:
- A VIN range of 4.5 to 27 V.
- A VOUT range of up to 50 V.
- Ultra-thin, 2.2µH inductors (1mm height).
- 4-ch, up to 56 LEDs at 120mA/ch, phase-shifted dimming (SC5014) or 2-ch LED driver, up to 28 LEDs at 240mA/ch, non-phase-shifted dimming (SC5014A).
- A dimming range of up to 5000:1 at 200kHz PWM input.
- +/-1 percent channel current matching for uniform display brightness.
- A 20-pin QFN (4 x 4 x1 mm) package.
- RoHS and WEEE compliance.
For more information visit www.semtech.com/info.