New Scale Technologies’ (Victor, NY) M3 focus modules have been designed into the next-generation AWARE cameras, the ground-breaking gigapixel cameras developed at Duke University. New Scale’s tiny piezoelectric motion modules further improve the image quality by providing automated micrometer-scale lens adjustments in each of the hundreds of sub-cameras that make up an AWARE camera system. Features include:
- Hundreds of 14-megapixel microcameras grouped around a spherical lens with 30 mm semi-diameter.
- A cross section less than 6 X 10 mm.
- A stroke of 2.5 mm.
- A resolution of 0.5 micrometers.
- Integrated SQUIGGLE piezoelectric motor, ASIC motor driver, magnetic position sensor, and microprocessor with closed-loop motion firmware.
- A spherical arrangement and close spacing of the image sensors.
For more information visit www.newscaletech.com.