Parallax just released two new products, the Propeller Project Board and Human Interface Board for the QuickStart.
The Propeller Project Board is for projects that need a permanent home. Its low cost, feature-rich, and simple design is ideal for most any project using the Propeller P8X32A multicore microcontroller. The core Propeller programming circuitry is built into the board, with access to all 32 I/O pins.
Thoughtful features such as power and over-voltage LEDs and well-placed labels on both sides of the board help make circuit-building fast and accurate. The reset button, USB, power, and optional connectors are all set at right angles for easy access when the finished project is mounted in an enclosure.
- Programming-ready with surface-mount Propeller P8X32A, 64 KB EEPROM, and 5 MHz removable crystal
- USB Mini-B connector for programming and power is compatible with USB charging devices
- Large 5.75 square-inch prototyping area with 580 thru-hole connections provides plenty of room for your project's components
- Built-in pads and circuitry make it easy to add a microSD card holder and VGA connector
- SOT-23 pads and custom-designed 64-pin SMT pads accomodate a wide variety of IC packages
- 40-pin header accepts add-on boards made for the Propeller QuickStart
The Human Interface Board brings advanced functionality to the QuickStart development platform. The Human Interface Board stacks directly on top of the QuickStart development platform, creating a minimal footprint for both boards.
With multiple audio and video outputs and keyboard or mouse inputs, as well as a microSD card socket, the Human Interface Board can add an interactive interface to any project. Where applicable, the Human Interface Board uses the same I/O pin assignments as the Propeller Demo Board peripherals.
Like the QuickStart development platform, the Human Interface Board is an open-source hardware design, so all design files—including layout, schematics, and firmware—are available under licenses that allow free distribution and reuse. The Human Interface Board's design can be incorporated into new applications royalty free and without a non-disclosure agreement.
- Multiple audio and video outputs for application flexibility
- Two PS/2 ports for either two keyboards, two mice, or a mix with one keyboard and one mouse
- Infrared transceiver for remote control and communications
- Expandable storage for up to 32 GB of data storage and retrieval
- Control system kiosk
- Embedded video game system
Visit www.Parallax.com for more information.