SICK (Minneapolis, MN) has launched its W27 MultiPac photoelectric proximity sensor, which uses two redundant receiver arrays to detect difficult targets such as bundled bottles in the packaging and food and beverage industries. Features include:
- Overhead counting and indexing to ensure bundles are both created and transported properly.
- 2 independent receiver arrays that ensure continuous detection when diffused light is misdirected from bundled surfaces.
- A single, high-intensity, visible red emitting LED that aids in alignment and provides reliable detection despite dirt and dust build-up.
- A compact housing.
- The ability to detect shiny, glossy, or dark targets within its foreground without signal interruptions.
- A higher angle of incidence, which provides increased mounting flexibility.
- A teach button that enables the user to adjust the sensing range up to 500 mm.
For more information, visit www.sickusa.com.