Ultra-Compact 3-Axis Accelerometer
STMicroelectronics (Geneva) (NYSE: STM) has announced details of a miniature smart sensor that combines a 3-axis accelerometer with an embedded microcontroller together in an ultra-compact 3 x 3 x 1mm LGA package for advanced custom motion-recognition capabilities. The LIS331EB iNEMO-A smart sensor targets a wide range of applications that include wearable sensor applications, motion-activated user interfaces in phones and tablets, and augmented reality. Features include:
- A high-precision 3-axis digital accelerometer
- The integration of high-resolution linear-motion sensing and the sensor hub in a single package.
- An ultra-low-power ARM Cortex-M0 core with 64KB Flash Memory and 128KB RAM memory.
- Support for the connection of a 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis magnetometer and a pressure sensor.
- A selectable full-scale range of ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g.
For more information visit www.st.com/mems.