Modular Power/Signal Connector Maximizes SWaP Reduction
Positronic Industries (Springfield, MO) has announced the addition of an 8.20 mm low-profile version to the popular Scorpion power/signal connector series. The Scorpion product is unique for three key reasons: 1) Its modular tool design allows for a nearly limitless variety of customer-defined contact arrangements; 2) The molding process yields a one-piece insulator; and 3) The customer can define the connector width as long as the maximum envelope of 101.00 mm is not exceeded. Features include:
- Contacts that are rated up to 55 A for size 12; 12 A for size 20, and 3 A for size 22 contacts.
- Contact resistance values as low as 1 milliohm for standard conductivity contacts, and 0.7 milliohms for high conductivity contacts.
- Contact terminations that include board-to-board, board-to-cable, cable-to-cable, and panel mount options.
- Ventilation slots in the connector housing.
- Integral blind mate system.
- Integral locking system.
- Float mounts, panel mount clips, and board locks.
For more information visit www.connectpositronic.com.