Microchip Launches The JukeBlox Wireless Audio Platform
Microchip Technology Inc. (Chandler, AZ) [NASDAQ: MCHP] has announced the Wi-Fi audio connectivity platform—featuring the new JukeBlox 3.2 platform and software development kit—to support all of the major mobile and PC operating systems along with the DLNA standard. This includes seamless support for iOS/AirPlay, Android, Windows 8 (mobile and PC), and Mac in one solution. JukeBlox 3.2:
- Operates on all of Microchip’s existing JukeBlox network media processors and modules, and further adds JB Cloud, which enables a compelling new consumer experience by directly streaming cloud-based music services while using mobile devices as remote controls.
- Eliminates the need for mobile devices to act as servers, where they consume power and must stop the music to take phone calls or support other personal audio functions, freeing them up to be what they were intended to be—personal communication and Internet devices
- Has expanded whole-home audio functionality via JB MultiZone 2.0, enabling more robust and extensive simultaneous synchronized audio streaming and control to multiple JB-enabled devices in the home.
- Includes SoCs and modules for Wi-Fi networking and media processing.
- Features an application software layer for mobile devices and control interfaces, peripheral interfaces and control, and GUI options.
For more information visit http://www.microchip.com.