Meller’s Missile Domes Protect Sensitive Devices
Missile domes that can be custom fabricated from sapphire to protect cameras, sensors, detectors, and other devices from sand and water are available from Meller Optics (Providence, R I). Meller Sapphire Optical Domes feature:
- Moh 9 hardness.
- 160° max included angles to extend the viewing angle of missile guidance systems.
- Up to 85% transmission uncoated in the UV to IR, with up to 99% when A/R coated on two sides.
- Available sizes up to 4” O.D.
- A surface accuracy to < 1 fringe @ 633 nm.
- Finishes to 20-10 scratch-dig per MIL-PRF-13830.
For more information visit www.melleroptics.com.