Missile domes that can be custom fabricated from sapphire to protect cameras, sensors, detectors, and other devices from sand and water are available from Meller Optics (Providence, R I). Meller Sapphire Optical Domes feature:
- Moh 9 hardness.
- 160° max included angles to extend the viewing angle of missile guidance systems.
- Up to 85% transmission uncoated in the UV to IR, with up to 99% when A/R coated on two sides.
- Available sizes up to 4” O.D.
- A surface accuracy to < 1 fringe @ 633 nm.
- Finishes to 20-10 scratch-dig per MIL-PRF-13830.
For more information visit www.melleroptics.com.