On-the-Go Field Diagnostics and Communications
Helping customers develop end products requiring on-site connectivity, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) (Houston, TX) has announced its newest 32-bit, real-time C2000 Piccolo F2806xU microcontrollers (MCU) with integrated USB connectivity. In many applications, such as consumer and industrial motor control systems, industrial power systems, telecom and data systems, wind and solar energy generation and general power electronic applications, being able to access diagnostics and make on-the-go changes in the field is critical. With the Piccolo F2806xU MCU, TI customers can easily incorporate USB connectivity into their applications. Features and benefits of Piccolo F2806xU MCUs include:
- Integrated USB 2.0 and CAN peripherals for on-the-go communications in the field.
- 12-bit, 3 MSPS, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with simultaneous, dual sampling and on-chip voltage reference that yield quick and accurate system feedback.
- 3 high-speed analog comparators with 30ns response time, which promote near instantaneous fault responsiveness.
- C-programmable, 32-bit floating-point CLA co-processor included with F2806x Piccolo MCUs bolsters system performance by up to twofold and enables closed-loop control of multiple independent targets.
- Code compatibility across the C2000 MCU platform that allows developers to scale solutions from 40 MHz to 300 MHz.
For more information visit www.ti.com.