ERNI (Richmond, VA) has developed a high-speed differential hard metric connector system that enables data rates of 20 Gb+ with excellent crosstalk behavior. The ZDplus connector combines an optimal signal routing configuration with the press-fit termination of a female connector option to allow for a better layout on daughter cards. The ZDplus hard metric connector also features:
- A robust construction and backward compatibility.
- Availability with 40 differential pairs per linear inch.
- Low noise, dual-beam, leaf contacts.
- 1 ground blade for every signal pair, with a 2.5 mm pitch from wafer-to-wafer.
- An in-line ground arrangement at termination and grounding shield, which allows for improved pre-alignment guide and polarizing features via 4 rigid blades in all modules.