Watt-Flex Split-Sheath Cartridge Heaters from Dalton Electric Heating (Ipswich, MA) can be constructed to deliver full heat to the tip, making them ideal for injection molding applications. When used in molding probes, hot-tip Watt-Flex heaters minimize gate freeze-off. Because of their continuous resistance coils, Watt-Flex heaters can even be zoned to create custom temperature profiles — manufactured to deliver differing amounts of heat at various points along their sheaths. Features include:
- A unique split-sheath design.
- Metal-to-metal contact with the surrounding bore.
- Greater compaction of magnesium oxide around the coil, which provides superior heat conduction to the outer sheath, resulting in more responsive sheath temperatures and higher operating temperatures with cooler internal operation.
- Availability in standard diameters of 1 in./25 mm and lengths of 90 in./1825 mm.
- An operating temperature up to 1,700°F.