Two ultra-compact Vaneaxial fans with brushless DC induction motors for high-reliability spot cooling in tightly packaged electronic and optical equipment have been introduced by AMETEK Rotron (Kent, OH). The Minimax and Nanos II/3 fans employ a new form factor with integrated DC electronic drives, allowing for direct operation from a 28 VDC power supply. Additional features include:
- Applicability in military and commercial electronics, aerospace, commercial aircraft, optics, and computer.
- A footprint of 25.9 x 25.9 x 30 mm and a weight of 51 g (1.8 oz) (Nanos II/3).
- A max airflow of 5.7 cfm (Nanos II/3).
- A footprint of 33.02 x 44.7 mm and a weight of 56.7g (2 oz) (Minimax).
- A max airflow of 9 cfm (Minimax).
- MIL-B-28873 qualification.