WinSystems (Arlington, TX) has introduced the PPM-PS397-POE-1, a Power over Ethernet Powered Device (PoE-PD) DC-DC supply for a PC/104-Plus compatible computer board stack. Configured as either an endpoint or mid-span device, it is designed to extract power from a conventional twisted pair Category 5 Ethernet cable and conforms to the IEEE 802.3af Power-over-Ethernet standard. The PPM-PS397-POE-1 features:
- A 25 W power supply.
- 3 different DC output voltages of +5, +12, and -12 VDC.
- A wide input voltage range from 42 to 57 V.
- Built-in overload and short-circuit output protection.
- Galvanic input to output isolation of 1,500 VAC.
- An operating temperature range from -40° to +85°C.