AVX Corporation (Greenville, SC) has developed a new high-performance, bottom entry, board-to-board, card edge connector system designed for use in Edison-replacement LED bulb assemblies. AVX’s new 9159-500 surface mount, bottom entry, card edge connector allows a perpendicular PCB to be mated to a top-mounted main FR4 or metal core PCB from the bottom side using standard pick and place equipment and reflow soldering. Features include:
- A single-piece volume production solution.
- Availability in a range of 2-6 positions.
- Dual PCB slot widths.
- Compatibility with both 0.8 and 1.6 mm PCBs.
- Availability with or without a safety cap, which can be supplied either preassembled or separately.
- A low-profile through-board height of 1.00 mm with the cap and 0.6 mm without, to avoid interfering with light output.
- 2 A per contact, 250 VAC/DC.
- UL1977 approval, as well as meeting the UL94 V-0 flammability standard.
For more information visit www.avx.com.