Kontron (Germany) has introduced a new, powerful series of COM Express Computer-on-Modules (COMs) that enable cost-effective development of graphics-intensive small form factor (SFF) applications. Based on the AMD Embedded R-Series accelerated processing unit (APU), the Kontron COMe-cTH6 features dual and quad core processor options that give designers up to 2.0 gigahertz (GHz) of enabling high performance graphics and parallel processing capabilities. Features include:
- A low 26 watt thermal design power (TDP).
- An AMD R-series integrated Radeon HD 7000 Series+ graphics engine.
- Up to four independent displays, H.264, VC1, MPEG-2, DivX, WMV, BluRay 3D, and HDMI.
- 7 PCI Express x1 lanes plus 1 PEG x8 interface.
- A scalable platform for COM Express compact type 6 pin-out -based applications.
- Support for new HD video and interactive 3D effect capabilities.
For more information visit www.kontron.com.