Motion and Orientation Sensor Solutions
STMicroelectronics (Geneva) (NYSE: STM) has collaborated with Microsoft to develop a motion and orientation Human Interface Device (HID) sensor solution for the Windows 8 operating system. ST’s MEMS sensors and the sensor-hub solution are now ready to ship in high volumes with the release of Windows 8. Several major worldwide OEMs and ODMs have selected ST’s sensor solutions for their Windows 8-based devices. Features include:
- A 3-axis digital gyroscope.
- A 3-axis digital accelerometer.
- A 3-axis digital magnetometer with a proximity sensor.
- A barometric pressure sensor.
- A high-performance STM32 microcontroller that runs ST’s iNEMO Engine sensor-fusion algorithms.
For more information visit www.st.com.