Kontron Announces 10 GbE XMC Mezzazine Card
Kontron (Eching, Germany) has released its new dual-port 10 Gigabit XMC402 mezzanine card. OEMs and system operators can leverage the new XMC card to upgrade their communication structures quickly and cost-efficiently; up to 10-Gigabit bandwidth. The new Kontron XMC402 features:
- A 10 Gigabit Intel Ethernet Controller X540.
- 2 copper interfaces.
- Existing infrastructures with common CAT6+ cables.
- Intelligent mechanisms, such as Checksum Offload, TCP Segmentation Offload, and reduced interrupt operations.
- Host boards that feature the 3rd generation Intel Cor™ processor.
- The PCI-Express controller in the processor.
- An average power consumption of just 7.5 W.
For more information visit www.kontron.com.