Advanced Machine & Engineering Co., (AME) (Rockford, IL) has introduced the Amlok RLI, its fourth-generation power-off rod lock. This basic lock unit is in addition to the RLN and RCH, expanding the company’s rod lock product line. The RLI Metric (ISO 6431) series will complement the standard NFPA line. This fourth-generation lock features:
- An anodized aluminum construction.
- A heavy-duty clamp system and power-off clamping.
- A standard seal material that is carboxylated nitrile.
- A release pressure ranging from a min of 4 bar/60 psi to a max of 8 bar/120 psi.
- An operating temperature range from 10° to 180°F.
- A max rod tolerance of +0.000 in./-0.002 in.
- Holding forces that range from 200 lbs/890N to 2,450 lbs/11kN.