Phoenix Contact’s Electronic Motor
Phoenix Contact’s (Middletown, PA) new Contactron Electronic Motor Manager (EMM) precisely monitors the effective power consumed by motors. The EMM uses this data to analyze errors and provide early warning to the controller, helping to increase system availability. The EMM:
- Converts the motor itself into a sensor.
- Detects dangerous operational conditions, such as overload, under-load, pollution and wear.
- Provides advanced diagnostics.
- Allows the user to make informed decisions for predictive maintenance and better operation.
- Features onboard inputs and outputs that facilitate direct control of motor starters.
- It provides easy-to-understand remote indication of system problems.
- Has selectable tripping curves of class 10 to class 30, for full 3-phase motor protection.