Backup Current-Limiting Fuse
Thomas & Betts’ Hi-Tech 38kV Trans-Guard OS Shorty Backup Current-Limiting Fuse has an L-L voltage rating that allows smaller backup fuses to be used to reduce arcing time and the amount of energy originating from a fault.
Thomas & Betts’ (Memphis, TN) new Hi-Tech 38kV Trans-Guard OS Shorty Backup Current-Limiting Fuse is designed for use in 26.4 to 34.5kV distribution and wind farm transformers that have a primary or secondary delta connection or that feed more than 50 percent delta-connected loads.
As a backup current-limiting fuse, the 38kV Trans-Guard OS Shorty fuse must always be applied in series with a properly sized, low-current protective device such as an expulsion fuse or the Elastimold Molded Vacuum Interrupter (MVI). Both devices provide fault protection over a given range of currents. The expulsion fuse or MVI clears low-magnitude currents and backup current-limiting fuses clear all other currents. Features include:
- The ability to interrupt fault currents as high as 50,000 amperes symmetrical.
- Uses in preventing transformer tank ruptures, damaged accessories, and accessories broken from the mountings
- An L-L voltage rating that allows smaller backup fuses to be used to reduce arcing time and the amount of energy originating from a fault.
- Current-limiting protection for transformers as large as 2,850KVA at 26.4kV; 3,000KVA at 27.6kV; and 3,800KVA at 34.5kV.
- Meeting ANSI and IEEE standards that include 100 percent physical inspection, resistance measurement, and helium mass spectrometer leak testing.
For more information visit www.tnb.com.