The AS8515 system-in-package (SiP) introduced by ams AG (Austria) enables the implementation of a complete automotive battery measurement system when interfaced via SPI to any microcontroller. Supporting manufacturers’ ISO26262 safety standard compliance processes, the device is well suited for battery management systems (BMS) for lithium-ion batteries in electric vehicles, hybrid electric vehicles, and vehicles with an internal combustion engine. Features include:
- A signal-processing die with two high-precision ADC channels for current, voltage and temperature measurements.
- A high-voltage CMOS die providing voltage regulation.
- A LIN transceiver and watchdog functions.
- Two independent, high-resolution 16-bit ADC channels.
- The capability to measure signals from sub- micro volt up to 200 mV and measure current across a range from 1 mA to 2000 A through a 100 mico Ohm shunt.
- A fully automotive- certified LIN 2.1 transceiver.
For more information visit www.ams.com/integrated-sensor-interface/AS8515.