The latest 40G AdvancedTCA (ATCA) packet processing blade announced by Emerson Network Power (UK), a business of Emerson [NYSE:EMR], promises to enable network operators to gain the cost and efficiency benefits of ‘workload consolidation’ with simpler and faster network security. The ATCA-7470 is designed to utilize the full capabilities of the Intel platform for communications infrastructure, formerly codenamed “Crystal Forest,” with an optimized balance of processing, memory, I/O, data movement, and interfaces. Features include:
- Balanced high-performance offload engines.
- Full bandwidth active/active 40G fabric interfaces for both ATCA fabric and direct connections.
- Balanced offload acceleration provided by the Intel Communications Chipset 89xx Series.
- The Intel Data Plane Development Kit (Intel DPDK).
- 2-, 6-, and 14-slot variants designed to meet the need of both telecom central office and network data center environments.
For more information visit www.EmersonNetworkPower.com.