Elma Electronic Inc. (Fremont, CA), in cooperation with Pentek, Inc. and Concurrent Technologies, has developed a small form factor (SFF), OpenVPX-based signal acquisition system for processing and recording applications. The new SigPro1:
- Records @ over 200 MB/sec.
- Has a rugged SFF signal processing platform that can be used for data acquisition, radar, beam forming, and other signal processing applications in harsh environments.
- Operates in dual-channel record and playback modes, with dual A/D converters operating @ 200 MS/s, 14-bit, or 500 MS/s, 12-bit.
- Is based on Pentek’s Cobalt series FPGA XMC with a high-performance A/D front end, Concurrent Technologies’ 803 Series 3U VPX-REDI Core i7 single board computer for processing, and a storage subsystem using high capacity, solid-state disks developed by Elma.
- Uses a 3-slot VPX backplane, with the card payload packaged in a compact, conduction-cooled chassis measuring only 5.12” x 6.9” x 12.25”.