For industrial automation applications, Baumer (Southington, CT) now offers a family of Ethernet-ready encoders designed to interface seamlessly with EtherCAT, Profinet, PowerLink, and Ethernet/IP controllers. The Baumer line also includes "power over EtherCAT" encoder products that require only a single cable for data exchange and power supply. Features include:
- Shaft or hollow-shaft configurations.
- The availability of magnetic or optical sensing technologies.
- Single- and multi-turn capabilities.
- The capability of withstanding exposure to high shock (300 G's) and high vibration.
- Highly accurate motion feedback data with single turn resolutions to 18 bits and multi-turn capabilities up to 31 bits.
- A modular bus cover that can remain live even if the base encoder is de-coupled from the bus cover.
For more information visit www.baumer.com.